Monday, June 21, 2010

2 things that the LORD showed me during the Holidays

In the month of June, GOD made use of the holidays and showed me 2 things.

1. He put in the place where i am now to teach me some lessons he wants me to learn. ( Overcoming discouragement)

During one of the service, Pastor talked about overcoming discouragement, i dont know why but the message is still stuck in my head till now. Pastor spoke about why izit that we feel discouraged at times and how should we overcome it. At the beginning of the year, i felt really discouraged with what i was doing, the low pay, low returns, long hours etc. but after listening to that particular sermon, i felt that the Holy Spirit was telling me why was i placed in teaching. God definitely had a lesson for me. Pastor also spoke that even if we are discouraged by the current situation we are facing in the job now and changed another job, we would face the same situation too because that is what God wanted me to learn in the first place, just that i hadnt learnt it and changed the environment. So even if i had changed the environment, GOd would still want me to learn the same old lesson. For now, i will work obediently and listen to God's prompting in directing my career's path. :)

2. Consider the greatness and goodness of God

In Service ytd, Pastor shared a very powerful sermon that i felt that GOD was warning me about the things that i am doing. We should not take God's grace for granted. How many times have i sinned and went before GOd asking him for his forgiveness? Things i knew was wrong but yet i chose to do it. One thing that stood out for me in the sermon was the spirit of inferiority. Guess i never felt contented with what i had, wishing i had more, a richer bf? a higher paying job? a slimmer body? i dont know the list just goes on.. but aft listening to the sermon, *shouts out loud* I get the picture LORD. thank God for Pastor who shared the word.

During the holidays, it had been mad shopping and a mini retreat at Bintan, though i felt that physically i didnt get much rest but spiritually, GOD spoke to me thru the sermons this two aspects of my life which are very impt to me. It's now time to get ready for the next half of the year. Behold my friend. :)))

No comments: